To be a leading emergency service provider by:
- Meeting the needs of our protection area in fire prevention, fire suppression and rescue services
- Effectively utilizing and improving the dedication and skills of our personnel
- Constantly working to improve all of our services and operations
In carrying out this mission the Howard City Fire Department will:
- Make priority number one the safety of our firefighters
- Actively encourage the professional and personal development of all our personnel
- Work as teams to take full advantage of our skills, knowledge, and creativity
- Communicate openly and honestly to our membership and protection area to inspire confidence and trust
- To operate the department under SOP guidelines in order to promote safety and eliminate uncertainty in regards to department operations.
- To take advantage of grant programs as funds permit to purchase equipment and apparatus.
- To provide proper personnel turn-out gear, equipment and apparatus for use by the department.
- To properly maintain all equipment and apparatus under the operation of the department.
- To maintain a minimum staffing level of at least 6 paid on call personnel available 0600 hours to 1800 hours.
- To maintain a minimum level of 18 qualified paid on call personnel within the department.
- To encourage all personnel to participate in professional and personal development classes.
- To actively work towards fire prevention in all of our areas of responsibility.